Another Friday afternoon, another Friday Five to lead you into your weekend.
- For the first time in eight years, the Bengals won on the east coast. This severe skid was brought to an end this week when they trounced the hapless Seahawks 34 – 12.
- In my first prediction made on ChiefsCommand.com, I declared that the New Orleans Saints would annihilate the St. Louis Rams. Turns out I’m no Nostradamus, as the Rams would upset the Saints 31 – 21 for their first win of the year. In what I hope is the malevolent ability to curse any player or team by simply stating they will win, I predict the Raiders will beat the Broncos 42 – 3. I also believe that Matt Cassel is the next Peyton Manning.
- Facing the Eagles after a bye week might as well be counted as a loss before the season. Under Andy Reid, the Eagles are now 13 – 0 after the bye week.
- Defenses should take note: the less you blitz Chargers quarterback Phillip Rivers, the more likely he is to make a bad throw. So far this season, his quarterback rating when passing against a 4 man rush or less has dropped to 55, which is 21st in the league. Most of his interceptions (7 of 11) have come while he isn’t being blitzed. Did we ever get an over/under on how many times he was shown on the sideline complaining? We said it would be 7 times, but to me, it looked like about 20.
- 5. Because the NFL was so weak on obscure NFL facts this week, here is a quick stat from the NCAA. This weekend against Oklahoma State, Baylor fought for 622 offensive yards, and still lost by 35 points.
Notice anything out of the ordinary in the league this week? Throw it in the comments section. We would love to hear from you.